PetroNerds combines its extensive energy market knowledge, global expertise, data access, and proprietary software tools to provide comprehensive consulting services to the oil and gas industry as well as economists, the finance industry, and government.
We work closely with our clients to create personalized research and advising services covering both the US oil and gas sector as well as global markets. Our work is data-driven, analytical, actionable and affordable – from asset evaluations and competitive analyses to policy studies, public research projects and market risk assessments. PetroNerds’ staff has experience working with several US Government agencies, including the Department of Energy and Department of Defense, as well as E&Ps and financial entities from around the globe.
To discuss a potential project please send us a note from our contact page and include your name, contact information, affiliation, and message and we will get back to you.
PetroNerds is launching the HedgeAware platform Summer 2017. HedgeAware tracks the hedging activity of 40 leading oil and gas producers in the United States. The platform enables users to explore multi-dimensional data to gain insights into upstream hedging activity, past, present, and future.
Drill-down through active and historical hedges across a number of variables, including product type (oil, gas, or NGLs), company, type (e.g., swap vs collar), effective dates, and much more. Calculate hedges as a share of a companies’ production volumes or view them in the context of key financial metrics.
Data is updated frequently during each earnings season so that you can identify trends as they emerge.
HedgeAware is built upon Microsoft’s Power BI service, which means you can access your dashboards at any time on you computer, tablet, or smartphone (Android and iOS).
In addition to our customized research and advising services, we also offer a free monthly podcast, the PetroNerds Podcast.
Our research and advising services include:
ECONOMIC AND POLICY STUDIES
- PetroNerds provides accessible, data-driven studies addressing both economic and policy issues affecting the oil, gas, and biofuels industry for both private and public consumption. Our staff has been published by the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, the Oil and Gas Journal, and World Oil, among others.
MARKET RESEARCH: WELL PERFORMANCE, ASSET AND COMPANY EVALUATIONS, MIDSTREAM DYNAMICS, AND PLAY OVERVIEWS
- PetroNerds combines its nearly two decades of experience with customized tools and proprietary data to provide deep dives into individual assets, companies and plays – from well performance to market and policy risk.
GLOBAL MARKET STUDIES: UNDERSTANDING DEVELOPMENTS ABROAD AND PUTTING THE US IN CONTEXT
- Our staff has led research projects for both the private and public sectors on a number of global energy issues, including a multi-year study of Iraqi oil development, Russian oil companies, and an assessment of the impact of US shale oil production on foreign nations.
PRESENTATIONS AND BRIEFINGS: PETRONERDS STAFF HAS PRESENTED BEFORE OPEC MEETINGS, CHATHAM HOUSE, CSIS, IOC EXECUTIVES, GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS, AND THE WORLD’S FOREMOST ENERGY CONFERENCES
- On topics ranging from shale oil well performance trends, to the Bakken mid-stream, ethanol and the US downstream, the Kurdish downstream and MENA export projects.
- Bring PetroNerds in to present before your conference, board room, or staff. We customize presentations to meet your needs. We also offer live and pre-recorded video webinars should you wish to reach a remote audience.